Saturday, July 14, 2007

it's geek time again!

In the World of Warcraft, Aaron and I now both have sets of armour that don't look ridiculously mis-matched and actually look decent as a whole for a change. (I once had a butt-ugly assortment of armour that I called my hobo suit.) To celebrate, we had a spontaneous photo shoot. Here are the results! I recommend clicking on the photos so you can see the bigger & better version.


In case you couldn't figure it out, I'm the girl elf with the green braid, and Aaron is the man-elf. The large cat is his pet, named William. I'm being cool and pointing at the camera! (It's a little hard to see at this angle.) And yes, we are standing on a giant mushroom.




Even in computer game photos, some loser will blink. This time it was Aaron.




Aaron flexes to show off how uber he is. William is unimpressed.



I give a girly cheer to show off how uber I am. Aaron is unimpressed.




And finally: our glory shot! Yes, I am being like Storm and making lightning. This time it's my poor little white kitten who is unimpressed. Meow!

4 comments:

Elliot said...

You know, I use you as an case study often. "It's not just smelly basement-dwelling teen boys who play these MMORPG things anymore, you know. I know at least one otherwise normal, fashionable, attractive and intelligent female who has totally gone off the deep end..."

Diedre said...

I was once playing in a group with this guy who said: "Whoops, gotta go, the grandkids just got here!"

And who are you presenting these case studies to?

Anonymous said...

"Otherwise normal, fashionable, attractive... etc?" That makes it sound like playing video games takes away from those wonderful attributes. And—while she may possess all the others in abundance—I guarantee you that Diedre would quickly run out of 'normal' if there was ever any kind of drain on her supply of it (and I certainly wouldn't have it any other way).

Elliot said...

:-)

Oh, you know, people who disdain computer games as only being for losers. Or males.