Wednesday, January 10, 2007

sad and mad

First the "mad": Today I found out that once I pass my first driving test, I will have to wait two whole years until I can take the test for the full and final license. That's two years with a green N on my car! That really sucks! Anyway, hopefully I'll get rid of the red L this month and at least get started on my two-year N sentence. BC licensing is long and slow. In Ontario one could be done with graduated licensing in 16 months if you took driver's ed, and 2 years if you didn't. Here it is simply 3 years total, no exceptions.

The "sad": I have lost two scarves and one toque this winter, all three of them being favourites of mine. I am very sad. One scarf was a gift from my parents, one scarf was a gift from a friend, and my Toronto Maple Leafs toque was another gift from my parents (and my brothers had matching ones). Anyway, I suppose I should not be so attached to my earthly posessions. I can always get a new ones. But I'm still grieving a bit.

2 comments:

Karl said...

I lost my TML toque much quicker than you did it seems.

Kurtis Findlay said...

I lost my touque on Friday but then I found it this morning. Now my gloves are missing.