Tuesday, June 27, 2006

well I'll be damned...

Check out these quiz results for "What's your theological worldview?":

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan. You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

79%

Emergent/Postmodern

71%

Neo orthodox

68%

Roman Catholic

46%

Classical Liberal

39%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

36%

Reformed Evangelical

36%

Modern Liberal

36%

Fundamentalist

18%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

I am surprised and bemused by these quiz results. I've never thought of the Methodists and John Wesley as major theological influences for me. Interesting... The only thing I could have told you is that Fundamentalism would be dead last. It seems to me that hardcore Fundamentalists are largely a bunch of very frightened people. But the Emergent/Postmodern and Neo Orthodox categories do feel like a comfortable match for me.

4 comments:

Elliot said...

I think you got that because there's no 'anabaptist' category, and the methodists are the next closest thing.

Laura said...

I took this quiz twice because the first time my mom's computer did stupid things before I could finish reading the results. Anyway, the frist time I was Emergent/postmodern and the second time I was the same as Diedre. It was an interesting quiz!

Anonymous said...

You are neo-orthodox. You reject the human-centredness and scepticism of liberal theology, but neither do you go to the other extreme and make the Bible the central issue for faith. You believe that Christ is God's most important revelation to humanity, and the Trinity is hugely important in your theology. The Bible is also important because it points us to the revelation of Christ. You are influenced by Karl Barth and P T Forsyth.

61% Neo orthodox
61% Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
54% Emergent/Postmodern
45% Roman Catholic
32% Classical Liberal
32% Reformed Evangelical
21% Charismatic/Pentecostal
18% Fundamentalist
18% Modern Liberal

Looks like I should go read some PT Forsyth... who knew that I was *still* behind on my reading. I had to answer a tie breaker, but it looks like I chose the right one ;)

Anonymous said...

hey,

I don't get how a Mennonite turns out Evangelical/Wesleyan and a former Baptist turned Anglican through Mennonites could be considered Emergent/Postmodern. Let's switch name tags :)