Thursday, May 11, 2006

avoiding

Hello all. I've been avoiding my computer lately because I think I have been spending too much time in front of it. To haul my brain out of the internet/blogging obsession that it was heading for, I have read a book (Stephen Lawhead, Elliot!), and I have done much sewing on my never-quite-finished jeans project. The jeans are complete enough to be able to tell that they'll be my favourite pair of pants once they're done. Super-comfy-o-rama!

The fun thing I saw today was evidence of a head-on collision between a toddler, a granola bar and the window. I was tidying up the store and I saw a huge pile of granola crumbs right underneath an extremely smudgy section of the window (none of which was higher than 3 feet). It was highly amusing. I should be on coffee-shop CSI.

3 comments:

Elliot said...

LOL... I'm just imagining you and a team of investigators in CSI-style clothing and lighting, frowning at a snot-smeared window and the pile of granola.

What book was it?

Diedre said...

Byzantium. It was good, I guess. But let me tell you, the man does not know how to write romance! He should have done himself a favour and left the woman out of it. On a gut instinct, I will say that Stephen Lawhead doesn't understand women. *cringes in fear of a feminism debate*

Elliot said...

No debate here. The romance in The Dream Thief is barf-worthy.

So is most of the dialogue and characterization. It's suddenly become readable because the main character has been marooned on Mars and can't interact with anyone.