Monday, May 15, 2006

pink and beyond

In church on Sunday, all the women got a pink carnation for mothers' day. The one I got was the exact same shade of pink as my socks! This was the highlight of my day.

I also saw a pink sunset.

Also, I picked/stole a stalk of tiny pink flowers to put on my fridge. Flower stealing is one of my favourite summer passtimes. I have guidelines about stealing flowers. First, the flower must be reachable from the sidewalk. Second, there must be enough of that type of flower that the ones you pick won't be missed. Third, they have to be quickly pickable so you don't attract attention (eg., roses are too hard to steal subtly, you'd need to use shears). The reason I can put flowers on my fridge is that I have this wicked awesome fridgemagnet that is a little glass test tube that you can put one or two tiny flowers in. It is possibly my favourite bridal shower gift of all.

I also saw pink rhododendrons at Aaron's Oma & Opa's house. At Oma & Opa's I also petted a nice cat and a nice dog. I laughed at the family people playing croquet. I ate grapes. I looked at bugs playing in a ray of sun. I got slightly offended at Aaron's Opa telling me that Mennonites pronounce the word "kielkje" a certain way when I had just said that the Mennonites I was related to said it a different way. I got included in the handing out of Mutti-Oma's costume jewelery even though I'm totally new to the family.

I also saw Mt. Baker again. For those of you who have never been to BC's lower mainland, it's by far the biggest mountain on the horizon. It's an old volcano, and it looks quite impressive. It's a little hard to see from Vancouver (due to whatever the atmosphere might be doing at the moment) but its hard to miss from Oma & Opa's.

It is nice and warm out.

I have 3 jobs I need to apply to before my brothers come to visit me on Thursday! My brothers are easily in my top ten coolest people alive list. One brother is also bringing his awesome girlfriend. We're going to have a full house.

No comments: