Thursday, May 04, 2006

alphabet soup (plus graphic details)

Hello all. I'm sick. And bored. So, to avoid thinking too hard and yet still entertaining myself (and you readers?), I will do the Alphabet Soup quiz thinger, because we all love quizzes.

Alphabet Soup

Accent: urban Canadian (ie., the sort that occasionally gets accused of sounding American by rural Canadians)
Booze: fuzzy navels, pear cider, brown cow, and/or fun shots. and port. I wish I had more money to spend on booze.
Chore I Hate: taking out/sorting the recycling.
Dog or Cat: cat, in honour of Aaron's late feline Sasha.
Essential Electronics: computer.
Favorite Cologne: meh.
Gold or Silver: gold
Hometown: Toronto
Insomnia: not so much
Job Title: barista
Kids: none yet. hopefully not soon. but hopefully later.
Living arrangements: with husband in one-bedroom apartment on second floor with lots of windows, hardwood floors, and way too much traffic noise. did I mention the cheap rent? it's such a relief.
Most admirable trait: random enthusiasm?
Number of sexual partners: Aaron.
Overnight hospital stays: as a baby for birth and later for a random super-high fever thing.
Phobias: injuries to the achilles tendon
Quote: "That’s life. It hurts, it’s dirty, and it feels very, very good." - the most insightful thing a very SASy author ever wrote
Religion: Christian (mainly of the Mennonite variety)
Siblings: brother Tobin, brother Karl, sister-in-law Liana, brother-in-law Jesse. (I have a sister now that I'm married!)
Time I wake up: who knows? 9:30? my work schedule is so messed up.
Unusual talent or skill: super-stretchy cheeks? ...I once had the ability to make my retainer vanish from my mouth without anyone noticing, even if they were looking right at me. perhaps this indicates a latent ability for prestidigitation (sleight-of-hand magic)
Vegetable I refuse to eat: olives
Worst habit: procrastination.
X-rays: ribcage at age 7. turns out it was fine, nothing broken.
Yummy foods I make: brownies, scalloped potatoes, greek potatoes. latest discovery: apricot curry rice with pine nuts
Zodiac sign: Aquarius.

P.S. Do you all want to know how sick I am? (If you're not into graphic accounts of illness, please do not read on.) I puked. I puked up my entire dinner over the course of 3 hours. Then I puked up all the water I drank over the next three hours. Then I puked a phlegmy substance the colour of bread. Then I puked a phlegmy substance that was electric yellow. Finally, I puked a phlegmy substance that was a violent shade of green. I have never puked green before, although I'm assured that it's perfectly natural. Then I stopped puking. Now, 30 hours later, I've managed to eat one large cracker, half a serving of applesauce, and a piece of toast. I'm so shaky that I have to lie down every half hour or so. And I'm afraid to eat because my tummy is too burbly and I don't want to puke green EVER again.

3 comments:

Elliot said...

Eww. Do you think it's food poisoning?

Who was the SASy author?

Diedre said...

No, I think it's the flu.

It was Orson Scott Card.

Anonymous said...

Diedre! You + sick = not good. Sorry to hear you're feeling so yucky; I know how much you hate puking... :( Feel better soon. PS IOU a phone call... this weekend?