Monday, October 01, 2007

blogging lull

I admit that I am not updating this blog as much as I feel I ought to be. Somehow I don't feel there is much that is blogworthy to post. Or perhaps it is only that I don't feel like writing the blogworthy things down. Or maybe I just haven't been feeling creative enough to write it well. So I will write it in a mediocre fashion instead (my apologies) because I am stubborn and will not let this blog go to the dogs. Honestly, it is the comments - both in-person and on this blog - from my loved ones afar that keep me going. This is for you! I love you guys and I will not leave you hanging!

So here's my mediocre blog post:

I did take note last week of a blogworthy child who was playing with a rubber lizard. He was charming until he started climbing all over the ATM that I was using, and his mother did nothing to stop him. I became unimpressed, and his former charm was eclipsed by brattiness and poor parenting.

Baby Caleb fell asleep on my shoulder on Sunday. Now my arms are sore.

Last week I went to a funeral for a relative my mother's age. Cancer got her too young, but she was a delightful person, and the stories that were told at the reception brought many laughs.

Work stuff is starting to get busy, but more in the paperwork sense and not so much in the programming sense. I guess a change is better than a break!

I am looking forward to thanksgiving with family and friends.

The end.

2 comments:

Elliot said...

Oh, right, Thanksgiving = long weekend! Family... erm, hmm. Maybe I should get the XJWs together.

Diedre said...

My uncle and several of his siblings were excommunicated from the Holdeman church (a strict Anabaptist sect that does things like shunnings), and they always joked that if one or two more of them were excommunicated they could have a complete family gathering again!