Sunday, June 10, 2007

new things

Today I acquired two new and exciting things.

First of all, Aaron and I bought a tent! This means we get to go camping lots this summer (I hope)! It is very exciting. It is the same tent that Sam and Annemarie have. It is a 3-person tent with a nice vestibule (what a word!) for our stuff.

Secondly, I must geek out in a major way. I rarely post about my gaming habits (World of Warcraft), but here goes anyway: I GOT EPIC FLIGHT FORM TODAY!!! I AM PURPLE AND SHINY AND ZOOOOMING!!!

Translation: My character can now shapeshift into a super-duper-uber-amazingly-fast armoured purple bird. I can now move through the World of Warcraft about 300% faster than riding on my super-fast giant cat. This is hands-down the most expensive thing I have ever done; it cost 5000 gold. To compare: the second most expensive thing I have ever done in World of Warcraft is buy the super-fast giant cat for 800 gold. Other than that, I'm sure I've never spent more than 150 gold on anything, ever (I can't even think of an example). AND IT WAS SO WORTH THE 5000 GOLD, IT IS SO COOL. And it's not all about spending gold either, I had to do a bunch of quests and kill this rare boss in a heroically difficult dungeon. I must also thank Aaron, my in-game sugar-daddy, for donating half the gold, I could never have come up with that amount on my own.

/end geekfest

5 comments:

Steph said...

WOW!!!!!

You ARE a geek!

Diedre said...

Yup.

But I can ZOOOM!

Karl said...

That post filled me with fun feelings. I'm so totally happy for you and your puple bird form. Weeee!

annemarie said...

diedre, you are cool. and the tent, it rocks. let's go camping.

Elliot said...

I second Karl's 'Weeee!' Sometimes I miss the world of video games....