Sunday, May 06, 2007

update

So, I'm still working like a maniac, but let's not dwell upon that. It's fun, but very tiring.

I miss all my other blogging friends who are not posting so much anymore. I'd put a guilt trip on you all, but I've only posted once a week myself of late, so perhaps I shouldn't.

In a week, I get vacation! I will be going to Toronto to celebrate my brother's wedding. I get to be a bridesmaid AND an MC at the reception! This week I need to put the finishing touches on my dress. I am very, very much looking forward to the visit with family and friends, and of course the big day itself. As far as I know, everyone is quite pleased with the Tobin+Meghan matchup, and I am certainly happy to gain another lovely sister!

One of the girls from our church youth group has asked me to be her "conversation partner" as part of her baptism preparation class. I took her out for lunch today, and it was very fun. I feel so honoured that somebody has chosen me as a role model! Her mom came and talked to me in church today as well, and said that she was very happy with her daughter's choice as well. Affirmation feels good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deidre,

Since you're headed out to TO next week, if you have any extra time - Grant and I would love to connect with you. I am of course, still busy during the days, and you are of course very busy with the wedding, but if there is some down time and you'd like a settler's came and some fondue - let us know. Email - rozber@yahoo.com