Tuesday, May 29, 2007

comments of congratulations and awe are in order

First of all: Come on, people! I counted 11.6 MILLION daisies and I get no comments of congratulations or awe?!?! Seriously, you blog readers need to get your comment priorities straight. =)

This post will contain three lesser feats worthy of congratulations and awe. Yesterday I played my first Ultimate game of the season. We were two really well-matched teams, and although we were in the lead for much of the game, in the end we did not win. But it was fun. In this game, I did no less than three cool things. I like keeping track of these things because usually I only do about one cool thing per game, and doing cool things makes me feel really cool.

Cool feat the first: The other team was about to score the first point of the game when I came out of nowhere and knocked the disc down mere inches away from its intended catcher.

Cool feat the second: I had been very convincing in my role of "tired and slow girl" (convincing because it was utterly true), so the person who was supposed to be covering me got lazy and started trailing behind. I saw my opportunity, raised a hand to ask for a pass, and when Aaron threw it into the endzone I sprinted and caught the point! Their defense had no chance.

Cool feat the third: I successfully made one of those nifty foot-dragging catches where you can catch an out-of-bounds disc so long as one of your feet is still on the ground in-bounds. I'm not sure I've ever done that before!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oooooo..... Ahhhhhhh.... (and other sounds of admiration).. seriously though, figuring out how many daisies is an impressive feat, and also very Diedre of you. Good job with the ultimate stuff too. I've been playing lately for fun - not in a league - and it is great.

Diedre said...

Why thank-you!

Unknown said...

Diedre -- you are an ultimate frisbee rockstar :) It would be cool if you guys had a game while we were there... I'd love to watch!

Unknown said...

congratulations.


Seriously though, the foot dragging one is the coolest!