Sunday, March 04, 2007

another funny church lady

After church today an old Oma was holding little Caleb and telling everyone who came by, "He's my grandchild!" or, "I have a great-grandchild!" in her German accent. She was kidding, of course. None of her grandkids have children, although two of them are married. Funny how when a grandchild gets married, it's like the universal cue for the grandparents to expect a great-grandchild in a matter of months (nine, to be exact).

Anyway, it was hilarious to see her standing there with the baby and announcing "I have a grandchild!" to anyone who would listen. Robi and Aaron and I were watching her as her own husband came up. "He's my grandchild!" she told him. "Oh really? Whose is it?" I actually forget exactly how the conversation went from there, but I know that hilarity ensued, because my tummy hurt from laughing. I'm glad that old people can be just as silly and funny as young people.

1 comment:

Karl said...

Ahaha, I agree!
I discovered today that Otto Thiessen is a riot and a keen conversationalist. (Ed Bergen is a pretty funny guy, too)