Sunday, February 18, 2007

I'm a good wife!

Today I took Sam and Annemarie shopping at Ikea and Home Outfitters, and I ended up spending $200 on various household stuff. You know what's the best part? I did it all without Aaron's input or foreknowledge, and when I brought all the stuff home, he approved of every single purchase I had made! I'm like the wife in Proverbs 31 who is wise in providing for the household. I'm so proud of me for being able to spend a surprise $200 on good things and have Aaron be happy with it all.

The real steal-of-a-deal was a full set of 500-thread-count queen-sized sheets (fitted sheet, flat sheet and 4 pillowcases) for $100. In case that means nothing to you: a pair of the exact same pillowcases costs $70, which is unfortunately a very normal price. Bedding is flippin' expensive in general, and we needed a new set anyway, so it was my lucky day. They are dark chocolate brown. I like colours with substance. They will look very good with our beige-and-green comforter and our purple bedroom wall.

Ok, now I'm off to sleep in my super-comfy 500-thread-count bed! Goodnight!

No comments: