Sunday, February 25, 2007

happy weekend for me

I had a calm and relaxing weekend.

First of all, I played a fair bit of World of Warcraft, and I got my druid to level 68. This is significant because at level 68, druids can turn into a giant crow and FLY!!! Everyone else only gets to fly at level 70 when they can buy a rideable gryphon. So, this is UBER-COOL. Druids are the best because they're the only ones who can shapeshift. I can be a bear, a sea-lion, a cat (a nondescript, large, and fiercely carnivorous sort of cat), a cheetah, and now a crow. Some druids can also be trees (think Ent) or moonkins (large half-owl, half-...I dunno...half-bear?...creatures), but I didn't choose that path.

Also, I slept lots and had lots of comfy at-home time. I love spending lots of time at home and being comfy. I'm a real home-body on the weekend. I think I learned that from my mother.

Today at our church young adults group, I got lots of Caleb time. He's three weeks old, and he looks more like a human being and less like a red-faced peanut all the time! I held him while he slept during lunch, and his floppy little hand flopped onto my thumb and his fingers curled around it oh-so-slightly. Afterwards my hands and arms smelled like baby. I still like his baby eyelashes a lot, and I like all the faces he makes when he's sleeping and gassy. I think we're going to be friends.

Finally, I'm sad that none of you other churchy/theology types commented on my previous geeky post...Marva Dawn is cool! Can I get an "Amen"?

2 comments:

Steph said...

Amen! Marva Dawn IS cool!

Diedre said...

I knew I could count on you, Steph!