Sunday, January 07, 2007

blessed

These past few months, I have felt overwhelmed with how blessed Aaron and I are.

First of all, our relationship is great. This week I told Aaron that I'm pretty sure I love him twice as much this year than I did last year (and last year I married him, so that's a lot).

Also, we love our apartment, it is our home. A recent addition to our home is the final three knives and two pots from our wedding registry. I feel like now our kitchen is complete (at least in terms of knives and pots, and they are a significant part of any kitchen). They're all great quality, so they'll last us a lifetime and we'll never need to buy pots or knives ever again unless some drastic accident befalls them.

Also, I have a job that really suits my skills and experience, and it's a meaningful job too! And who could forget our wonderful families and friends? And the fact that we live in a relatively peaceful and prosperous country?

Sometimes I just don't know how to thank God properly for all these blessings. Just saying thank you doesn't feel like enough.

3 comments:

Elliot said...

In martial arts, the student works to pay his unpayable debt towards his sensei by becoming a sensei to newer students.

So, give as you have received, I guess! :-)

Unknown said...

it's amazing how quality kitchen tools can make you see the divine in the everyday. ;)

Diedre said...

AMEN, SISTAH!