Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Tito Puente is my friend

Today I did some more people-watching.

I had my usual morning bus driver, and he looks like Bono...which really just means that he is a pretty generic-looking white guy who wears Bono shades. But anyway, he's a good bus driver, and Bono seems to be a good guy, so who can complain?

I also saw a caricature-like old man hobbling down the street all hunched over his cane. He was wearing an old grey-brown suit and had a decent-looking hat on, and his grey beard was over a foot long.

There was also a baby who was absolutely captivated by a ceiling fan. Its mother pushed his stroller underneath it, and the baby was so enthralled that it almost keeled over and out of the stroller as he was determined to keep facing that shiny, spinning fan.

I saw a nice cat.

A cute little blonde grade one girl tried to get me to do the splits at work today.

Oh, and this doesn't have to do with people-watching, but Aaron and I had a lunch date and I chose my sandwich off the menu because it was called Tito Puente. It came with really good fries. Plus, there was fun Cuban music playing in the restaurant, and the windows were warm to lean against because the patio heaters were on outside. It was a good lunch date.

4 comments:

Elliot said...

For some reason I'm remembering the episode of The Simpsons with Tito Puente, the one in which Mr. Burns gets shot. Where he teams up with Lisa. You're Lisa.

Diedre said...

Actually, when I saw it on the menu, my mind read it in a Lisa Simpson voice...that may have been part of the appeal.

Elliot said...

So today I saw someone who looked a heckuva lot like you. Same complexion, same hair, very slender. Got any sisters working at the Revolving Restaurant?

Diedre said...

No sisters, period. And no female cousins that look even remotely like me.

Not even any second cousins that I know of who look like me, although some of my mom's cousins from Manitoba look a heckuva lot like her (and I look a heckuva lot like mom) so maybe one of them had daughters?