Monday, July 24, 2006

yay beach

Yesterday we went for a walk on the beach. It's funny, I was sitting at home and pining for the beach, and then once we got there, there was nothing to do except stand and walk. It was already 8:30 in the evening, so the wind was getting rather chilly as well.

We saw some street, I mean, beach performers. They were really funny, one was a "mad scientist" and one was a robot. They did things like throw those juggling bowling pins at each other as if they were fighting, but really they were juggling. And the robot guy could do all kinds of neat balancing things like climb up a ladder that wasn't leaning against anything.

The best part was the children who were laughing at these clowns (for that is what they were, even if they didn't have any face paint). They laughed really loud and genuinely as only children can do, in a way that leaves them breathless. I laughed too, and I clapped lots. Aaron, of course, thought that I was cute. (Awww.)

I had an Oreo ice cream sandwich and Aaron had a Turtles ice cream on a stick, and later we got a strawberry lemonade. And we got sand in our sandals.

I like summer.

No comments: