Monday, July 31, 2006

It's official!

Okay, as promised, today I have something blogworthy to post!

I have FINALLY been officially offered the job at Urban Promise (the one that deals with youth and leadership/life skills development) and I have offically accepted! I start August 28. Only one more month at Ye Corporate Coffee Shoppe!

*dance a little jig*

This is also the job where I'll have to raise extra support because I am working in Missions and there apparently isn't a lot of money lying around. So, if you know anyone who wishes to donate either a teensy or a gigantic amount of money to help this work with urban "at risk" youth, just give me a shout. Tax receipts for all!

Also, for those of you who are the praying sort, I would appreciate the support of your prayer for me in a new and challenging position (thank goodness I have a challenging position!), and also for the many children and youth that I'll be working with, that they will learn and grow and maybe even get to know God a little better. (Urban Promise doesn't focus primarily on evangelism, but still hopes that kids become more aware of who Jesus is through their programs and relationships with the staff.)

2 comments:

Jan said...

Yay! Congrats D.

Woooooooot.

Laura said...

yahoo!! Good jorb.