Friday, May 26, 2006

shuffle and draw (and cough up the dough)

So, I now own an iPod Shuffle. I sort of won it at a big long stupid pep rally at work. I only answered one question to win a rice cooker and put myself in a draw to participate in the final "weakest link" contest for the Shuffle. I proceeded to be the second strongest link, so I lost the Shuffle. Then, the winning girl said "Ha, I already have an iPod Mini," so I said, "I'll trade you my rice cooker!" and at first we just sort of laughed it off, but later she came over and said, "If it would really make your day, I'll still trade you," so I did and I was happy. People CAN be so nice!

I've also been having very many smiley days at work lately. I like lots of my customers, they feel like friends. Today there was this cute old Chinese man who was buying coffee to bring back to his friend at work, and he asked about two dozen questions to make sure he was getting his friend the most normal thing that everybody else always ordered. Which coffee is the most normal? Should he take cream? Which cream/milk should he bring? Which sugar should he bring? Could he also take a "drawing tube"? (He meant a straw.) Somehow helping this guy wiht every little detail just put a big grin on my face. What a silly yet considerate friend this man was! He was trying really hard.

Also, Aaron has just been SUPER nice to me these days, and it makes me extra happy.

I just noticed yesterday that our bank account has about $400 more in it than it did a few months ago, and this means that we are making more money than we're spending! Unfortunately, someone tried to break into our car (unsuccessfully) but we still have to pay the $300 deductible to get the lock and door fixed. *sigh* I guess the moral of the story is that the Lord provides, but it kind of feels like our success with money was all for naught. But it certainly would have been much more nervewracking if we hadn't saved that $400, so I am very glad for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear that you've experienced the joy that is auto ownership in vancouver.

also, i made your blog! w00t!