Thursday, May 25, 2006

I patted a fish!

My brothers (+1 girlfriend) have gone home, and now my house feels empty. =( But we had lots of fun. We went to the aquarium and saw really cute sea otters, and there was a little fish that wasn't afraid and I patted him. I patted a fish! It made me so happy that I did a little dance and sang a song until Aaron noticed and laughed at me and then it was over. But patting the fish gave me such joy!

Also, we started hiking up a mountain, but we were in a cloud and there was too much snow and our feet were getting wet, so Tobin and Karl played baseball with snowballs and a stick for a bit and then we turned around and went down to the bottom of the mountain and ran around a different park at sea level (where there were no clouds) and we found tidal pools with many many littel crabs. There were so many that when I closed my eyes that night I saw tidal pools crawling with crabs.

We also watched a few movies and played games like Risk, Settlers and the Bean Game. Tobin and Meghan bought some really good pop and gave us wicked-awesome chocolate as a thank you gift. I like Meghan, and it is good that she's going to be my sister-in-law someday. (This is unofficial but obvious information.)

I missed blogging, though. I like telling people about all the neat things I see and do! But guests/brothers are more important. I had a good weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey diedre, good to here from you again, I didn't realize that you or any of the others were keeping blogs even half regularily, I suppose now I'll have to start one to....maybe. Have a good one. Say hi to Aaron.