Saturday, April 22, 2006

silly plants

As each new wave of flowers come out this spring, it is wonderful to remember each of them and to marvel at the ones I have never seen before.

This week a certain bush has begun to flower. I'm not sure what it's called, but it is absolutely covered in pink and red blossoms, and you can't even see any green leaves! I remember commenting on this plant to Aaron last spring, laughing because the plant was like a young woman going out of her way to say "Look at me! Look at me! I'm pretty! You know you want to cross-fertilize with me!" I also muttered, "I don't know how that plant even breathes, it has no room for leaves."

Aaron summed it up nicely: "So basically, it's the plant equivalent of a corset: all about being sexually attractive but restricts respiration."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so aaron liked the corset then?