Sunday, April 23, 2006

Happy Sunday

This morning in church I was made aware of two points that have no earthshattering significance but have nonetheless tweaked my interest. First of all, in the Genesis creations story, each day begins with evening. "And there was evening and there was morning, the first day." Somehow I had never connected this Genesis reference to the fact that the Sabbath begins at sundown. I like this new perspective.

Secondly, God's creation of humankind began with a garden. God's re-creation of humankind at the resurrection also began in a garden. I think this is cool.

Today I also discovered a neat little blue flower that grows in some people's lawns. It looks like candy sprinkles on the lawn. I like it! If I had a lawn with sprinkle flowers, I'd keep them. I'd also keep moss, it makes lawns more springy and less scratchy.

The big news of today is that Aaron and I had our interview for the position of Residence Coordinators at this little Menno residence for UBC students. It went very well, and I even knew one of the girls interviewing us from my youth days in Ontario! They have also interviewed three other couples for the job already. I really want this job! It will be hard if another couple gets it instead of us. I know we had a very good interview and that they liked us, so the only way we won't get this job is if some other couple is EVEN better than us. Secretly, I hope they all sucked, but that's not very gracious of me.

1 comment:

Paul said...

"Secondly, God's creation of humankind began with a garden. God's re-creation of humankind at the resurrection also began in a garden. I think this is cool."

In John Milton's Paradise Regained, the desert where Jesus is tempted by the devil (and resists) is the former location of the Garden of Eden. For Milton, Eden became a desert when Adam and Eve fell to temptation, and Jesus regained paradise when he resisted temptation. I think that's cool.

Also, good luck on the job!