Monday, April 03, 2006

miscellany

I'm having a blue day, but not with racing stripes this time. I'm feeling blue because I think I was selfish and unfair in a little spat with my husband yesterday, and now I feel bad. But he's forgiven me and he still loves me (and vice versa) so I'll feel better when I wake up tomorrow. I find it hard to forget feelings in the middle of a day, it's much easier to forget them overnight.

To make things better I made treats tonight! Smoothies made of pear, mint leaves, strawberries, honey, ice and gin. Garnish with fresh mint. Actually, the red strawberries with little bits of green mint and white pear make it look a bit like salsa.

Want to know the recipe for not being bored at work? Break something. I was bored, and I decided to clean the bean grinder. I proceeded to lose an important screw inside the grinder, and we had to tip it upside-down to get it out, and that thing is HEAVY. And the screw must have picked up a magnetic charge at some point, because even though we could see it loose in the bottom, it didn't budge. Instead, we managed to gouge the brand new countertop with the corners of the grinder as we tipped it over. The screw is still in the bottom. The moral of the story? Two hours felt like 15 minutes. Then I got to go home and let someone else deal with the mess.

No comments: