Friday, March 10, 2006

our little friend


Yesterday I was going to write about how wonderful spring is (and so on) because not only is spring beautiful, but spring in Beautiful British Columbia is absolutely spectacular. Spring is right now at the point where a bunch of trees are pink and frilly with flowers and all the little snowbells have sprouted. It's kind of like spring taking a deep breath before the blast of frenzied plant mating rituals (which is what flowers really are, of course) that will come all at once.

Anyway, so spring was to be the topic. But then, after watching a late movie, I was closing the curtains so I could get ready for bed without the world watching, and I saw SNOW. Where did it come from? It wasn't there when we started the movie. So, I cashed in a months-old promise that Aaron made me in November that we would make a snowman the next time there was snow. He had a jalapeno for a nose and chocolate chips for buttons.

No comments: