Thursday, March 30, 2006

crabby is the word of the day

Today my body is crabby, and my motivation is crabby. I am crabbily unmotivated. And I must be fighting some kind of flu, because I'm not outright sick, but I sure feel like crap! Still being sore from climbing up, down and in a mountain last weekend doesn't help either.

Here is an abbreviated list of everything I need to do yesterday:
- hunt for more jobs
- clean the house
- find homes for all the random stuff in this apartment that still does not have a place
- write thank-you cards for wedding gifts
- do some typing/scanning for this dude who's paying me
- update my blog
- find a good job
- hang out with my aunt and with a friend I should have had coffee with weeks ago
- dryclean my wedding dress and put it away
- buy containers for spices (our spice cupboard is a disaster of little plastic bags)
- GET A JOB

Yeah. In case you're wondering about the job thing, let me explain. I work part-time at a coffee shop. My husband is a full-time student. You may be surprised to find that our books don't always balance. So, I need a full-time job. However, I'm very sick of just having student/summer-style jobs that any shmuck can do. I want a job that is meaningful and fulfilling and actually stretches my gifts and talents. Or at least one that is better than student/summer-type jobs that any shmuck can do.

I want to have a church job. This could be anything from being a pastor, to being a church secretary, to having a conference office job, to having almost any kind of job in a Christian not-for-profit organization. I just want to put my education, talents and passions to work to further the Kingdom of God and to make the Church a healthier body. So if you know anyone out there who wants to hire a dedicated woman with gifts of leadership, administration, and organization, TELL ME PLEASE. Oh, and the job has to be in Vancouver, because my husband is still in school here. How in the world do you go about finding a church job? So far I've been looking for relevant church-y e-mail addresses online and spamming them with my resume in hopes that they have a job for me. Its given me one lead on a potential job to begin in May...that's a start...

I've got to go get ready for my coffee shop job. Hopefully I don't have to go home early again because of nausea. My body is so crabby.

3 comments:

Elliot said...

Unfortunately I can't help you with the job.

But I can help you with your spice problem!

We had spice problems too (boring spice racks), until my brilliant wife had a brilliant idea. She went to Lee Valley and bought cool-looking Watchmaker's Cases - you can see them here: http://www.leevalley.com/gifts/page.aspx?c=2&p=44948&cat=4,104,53215&ap=2

She put our spices in them. Now you can see the spices through the clear lids and they look coooool. You'd never imagine spices could be so aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Kind of a Japanese thing, I guess - make your food look good AND tasty!

Elliot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diedre said...

Wow, that last bit makes it look like I'm a comment Nazi...really, Elliot's comment just posted itself twice and I didn't see the need for two identical comments!