Monday, December 17, 2007

parties and family do's...yup, it's December!

I had a really good weekend...not this most recent weekend but the one before. I've been meaning to post about it, but I've been waiting for my friend to send me pictures, but that hasn't happened yet so I'm going to post about it anyway.

First of all, I had a phone call from a really good friend, and we had some good girl talk about ex-boyfriends and moving on. I don't have a lot of girly friends out here, so it was especially fun for me to chat with her.

Then I made a simple lemon loaf to bring to Aaron's aunt and uncle's Christmas family thing. I got a couple of very flattering compliments about it, which made me feel super-good and very accepted by the in-laws! It was fun.

And finally, I spent about 6 hours on Sunday at a friend's house, experimenting with chocolate. We were trying to make our own liqueur-filled chocolates, and it took a lot of experimentation and sampling! Word to the wise: Caramel Bailey's + dark chocolate = TO DIE FOR. Finally, we made a big batch of hazelnut truffles, and I got my hands COVERED in chocolate and I got to lick them off and wash it down with another shot of Caramel Bailey's. There are pictures, hopefully I'll get to post them soon.

No comments: