Sunday, August 12, 2007

thou shalt watch Stardust

Aaron and I watched Stardust yesterday, and it was awesome! It was a good fairy tale/quest/adventure movie, filling the same sort of niche in my heart as The Princess Bride. It made me laugh lots too! I fully intend to buy it when it comes out on DvD (and that's saying something, because I usually just rent movies), and I fully intend to watch it many more times over the course of my life. And show it to my kids. And my parents. And everyone else. I believe this movie is completely appropriate for anyone who is old enough to cope with the largely goreless killing of disposable characters, the off-screen killing of animals, and scary witches.

I'm not very talented at writing reviews, so let me cut myself short and simply say: Watch it, it is highly entertaining. Now turn off your computer and go watch it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I went to see it last night and I completely agree that "it was awesome"! I think that Tolkien and C. S. Lewis must be thrilled that fairy stories are finally making a comeback in the mainstream.

Unknown said...

We're going to see it tonight -- can't wait!! I'll let you know how the viewing goes... :)

Diedre said...

Don't worry, you'll love it. =)