Friday, December 08, 2006

a day of ups, downs and sides

First, I slept in. Huttah!

I also had a few moments of seeing red when I found out by accident (read: nobody tried to tell me) that the choir was planning on singing two songs this Sunday, and I'm the worship leader whose job it is to arrange the service and make sure it ends on time. Not only that, but they thought they would sing one during the lighting of the advent candles, and I had just stayed up late last night creating a litany to be read at that time. "But the choir always sings during advent!" does not count for squat unless I happen to have been told. How long have I been a full member of this church? Five days. I simply do not know what "always" happens. ARRRRRGH. Oh, and did I mention that somebody has already slotted them in to the order of service and printed the bulletins, and still nobody has told me exactly what those bulletins say?

Next, I held a job interview with one of my teens for a leadership role, and he is absolutely fantastic! Such insight and grasp of responsibility! I want to hire him, but there are circumstances (seniority and such) that put him a little further down on the list, so we'll see.

Also, I had a chat with my dad, and I'm excited about seeing lots of super people at Christmas! The end.

No comments: