Sunday, November 26, 2006

snow!

It has been snowing now for about 30 hours without stopping, and this in a city that might get snow 3 or 4 times a year, and you're lucky if one of those snowfalls stays on the ground for more than 24 hours.

In related news, I have a driving test tomorrow morning (in 12 hours).

I'm actually hoping they won't cancel it because in these conditions they would have to be really compassionate, and besides, it's really hard to accidentally speed when everything is slippery and crazy.

I even practised driving today and made it up the giant hill in the slush! True, I had slid 3 lanes over by the time I got to the top, but I was doing better than most people out there. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to practice parallel parking, because there weren't any spots that didn't have a foot of slush in them, and it was hard enough staying straight on the road so why mess with parallel parking in such conditions...

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck!

Laura said...

I want snow. Send some here please!

annemarie said...

gluck, diedre!

Diedre said...

They cancelled all the tests today. Now I'm rescheduled for February, but I'm supposed to keep checking for cancellations between now and then. I was really hoping to get it over with. Oh well.